Friday, February 13, 2009

I was a good girl, right?

Some times I get mad that I was "good" when I was younger. I was one of the nerds that actually took to heart the watered down crap the biology and health teachers spewed in high school. Here it is.....

"Girls are born with all the eggs they will ever have. If you do drugs and alcohol you will damage your eggs and then there is nothing you can do! Not like boys who continuously make sperm"

And I bought that.. Hook line and sinker.. So ya know what, I was in the Straight Edge club! Was in the bible thumping, secret morning prayer group club. I did not sneak alcohol. I did not do the grass. I have never toyed with any other recreationals, because in the back of my mind I held to the belief that I have only one set! Plus I really did believe in the "I have to take care of my body because it is the only one I have" mindset.

And now that for some unknown reason I have BAD EGGS, and I am pissed about it! There is no good egg detector! There is no way to "test" to see if you have good eggs or bad eggs! No big sorter like in Willy Wonka! Nope! No F-ing way of knowing.. Untill you go to have children, and then you suffer recurrent losses!

It really makes me pissed off! I feel like if I had known that living the "prim and proper" life would still hand me a plate of green eggs, I think I would have lived more! Experimented more! After all what do I have to loose? More bad eggs?!?!?

It is just another example of thinking you are doing the right thing, and that if you live the good life you will be rewarded.. Um, raising hand here... Question... So what the F went wrong here!?!?!

The moral of the story, you can live your life and never intentionally do bad, and still get screwed over, put through the ringer, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I do not want to hear about heavenly rewards either. They do not count! I like microwave dinners and instant potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment