Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who did I just meet?

thought I would update you on my first prenatal appointment with OB/WM group. And the verdict is??!??!?? Did I really meet with an OB? Yeah, it was that amazing. I cannot believe how I feel after the appointment yesterday. I had a 4:10 appointment and did not leave the office until close to 6:00! All that time I was with the OB! The whole practice is really nice and friendly, and like I stated, from the things this OB was saying, I really did not feel like I was with an OB at all! At one point she stated "AGOG is NOT our friend" Another one was "I feel bad that medicine has gone the way it has and forces women to abandon hospitals, just to have birth options". She was just amazing. The whole practice is pro VBAC and told me that I would have to sign the scary concent form, which I told her was fine, since I already have educated myself on the risks, and wondered about the scary RCS consent form. Her response was , well VBAC risk is mom and baby, and RCS risk is all to the mom (which she added if it was done late enough so that the baby was mature).She was wonderful. Tried finding the HB with a hand held doppler, but we both knew 9 weeks is too early for that. Before she tried she asked me "are you going to be OK if we don't find it? Because if it will cause you more stress, we won't even try". I told her I was already a nervous mess due to my loss history.. We tried and could not find it. But at the end she snuck out to see who was left in the building and then had me go down to the new US machine and we checked on bean. She was so excited to see too! It was so cute, we were both just staring at bean turn to the side, roll around and move it's little arms and legs for a while. The HB was good and strong. I think it was the first time I actually came to the realisation that "THIS IS HAPPENING! I am pregnant! This one might just stick around!" It was a massive flood of positive emotions..She was completely ok with me staying on Metformin. without me having to push the point at all. She stated that she thinks it would be a great idea, and that there has been some great results with it. She even feels that I might be able to skate under the radar when it comes to GD. Since she feels that last time I was not GD at all but over managed by my OB group. We even talked about HBAC. She told me that even staying on the metformin, I probably could find a HBMW to support me if that was my choice. She told me honestly she wished that all VBAC moms were able to be comfortable in a hospital and how it sucked that hospitals have become so bad. She did state that their hospital policies were pretty liberal and I could move, eat, drink, etc at the hospital, and she hopes I would consider it. That she would love to be a part of my pregancy till the end.It was downright amazing. I am still in shock that something could be so utterly different than the past five OB groups I have seen! So I go next to meet the MW's in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment