Monday, June 15, 2009

Speaking of bellies...

Well it has started. My soon to be 4 year old DD decided to bring up the discussion.

"Mommy, who's belly did you grow up in?" My response "I grew in grammie's belly".

"Whos belly did daddy grow up in?" My response "Daddy grew in Nana's belly".

Then she looked at me and askd..

"who grew in grandpa's belly?" Both DH and I calmly stated "No one. Only Mommies, and grandmas have the chance to have babies grow in their bellies". She seemed fine with that answer, but then the next one came.

"Well, how do they get out? Do they dig and dig and pop out?" At which point DH and I had to stifle a laugh (because if we laugh, she is in that delicate girl stage where she will start to cry and tell us to stop laughing at her, like we just crushed her.... btw when does that end?) and DH responded, "Mommy will tell you about that much later, ok."

That lead into Lies to Children. "Well you know how Santa clause can fit down the chimney? How it is magic, well it is magic how babies are born!". That seemed to appease her curiosity for now, and then she was off onto another subject.

Phew.... I am just not prepared for these types of conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment