Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Ultrasound 5w6d

Had my US this AM. I have mixed feelings.. I know, most other people would be all excited, but for me, I always feel like I am waiting for the "bad news". Plus DH seemed to be reading into everything everyone said or how they looked today... Does not help.

So the US showed a correct for gestational age gestational sack, with a yolk sack in the uterus. I was expecting to see a fetal pole since I am 5 weeks 6 days, but there was none visible... US tech and nurse did not seem that concerned. Just stated that most times these early ultrasounds do not provide much reassurance... Um, yeah, they dont'. DH felt that the yolk sack looked too big, the gestational sack too small, and well, he thinks things are all bad. The nurse did not say this... So I don't know what to say.. There is nothing really that we can do, just wait for the next ultrasound on the 28th, when I will be 7 weeks 6 days. That one will be the money maker. If there is no HB then, that is that. I just don't know. I feel PG. I have tons of MS....

So who knows. I guess I am numb. I have been here so many times, and well, my feelings on it.. You just never know, there is nothing I can do anyways, besides wait and see. I do have good feelings, I am trying to stay positive, but with such a history, it is hard... So now it is just spinning my wheels till the next ultrasound...

No comments:

Post a Comment