Monday, January 17, 2011

8wk2D Ultrasound

Had my 8w2d ultrasound. I went alone since DH had to get into work early so he could be home by 18:15 so I could attend the Conscious Sedation Induction assistant training. Sounds weird, but really it is just a bunch of stuff Paramedics can do to paralyze a conscious patient so you can pass an endotrachea tube.

Ok, back to my original theme... The ultrasound was good. Baby measuring 8w2d and a HB of 180bmp. :) So all is good so far!

I must say that I have had so many trans-vaginal ultrasound exams that I can lie there, with the technician "doing her thing" and talk about just about anything. Weather, jobs, kids... It did strike me as odd later when I had some time alone that used to instill panic and fear has become something as routine as brushing my teeth. Having a stranger move a trans-vaginal ultrasound probe around inside me as I sit there and chat. Sort of disturbing to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment