Friday, February 4, 2011

OB care... Or lack therof

Ok, so this is a rant post. But here it goes... So I am now 11 weeks with a happy healthy bean (as of my 10w5d us at the RE's office). I had an appointment with my new OB group, but had to reschedule due to more snow...

So I call up, and they tell me "well these kinds of appointments are only offered on certain days" I ask 'what do you mean?' She replies "well you will ONLY see a OB nurse and have your blood drawn"

I was a bit beyond pissed. So I get to pay my full freaking co pay to have a nurse do a screening for genetic problems talk (already sent me the form for me to check off what nationality I am, etc.) and to scare me into all the pregnancy tests they can think of. Then check my blood to see "if" I am pregnant!

PHFFFFT. I have to take time off of work for a waste of time. My RE has tested my blood thank you... And well, yes, it is positive. Hey, did you notice the three ultrasound reports sent to your office all showing a baby????

I hate "the birth pipeline"... I just wish I did not need Metformin, and that I could just step away from this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment