Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Look

Well today we had our first look. It was a "go, no-go" moment...

I was able to get to the office first since DH dropped the kids off at daycare for me so I would be on time. I asked to wait till he arrived. So they brought me back in and I had to change and sit there waiting for him. Started to get that panicky feeling. The builing pressure in your chest. And then the door opened.

Phew.

DH was so stoic, he was going on and on about "if this does not work, it is for the best, things were just not meant to be, and it will be ok, we will be ok..." I just squeezed his hand.

The nurse and the tech came in and started the exam. I stared at the ceiling... Not wanting to know.

And then the tech turns the monitor towards us and states "See the flicker. That is the heartbeat" And I finally take a breath.

One healthy little bean, 6wks5days and 153bpm. :) LOVE at first blurry picture!

So we go back in two weeks for an 8 week ultrasound, and then a 10 week ultrasound before being cleared from our RE's office. Similar to what we did with DD#2.

Seems we are picking up speed on this rollercoaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment