Thursday, July 9, 2009

More fear, more lies....

So I was directed to a blog, and I went there. Probably not a good idea, but hey, I did. And read about this woman's attempt at a VBAC that ended up a CBAC. And she was told she had a thin spot, not because of how the OB stitched her he told her, but how HER body healed. (more blame mom's crappy body psycho shventa).

But the thing that kills me the most is the last line, (although her entire theme ires me, which I will address second).

The most important thing is that your baby arrives safely, no matter how it gets here...

AAAKKKK!!!!!!! WTF!!!! Disposable mom story here! Nothing kills me more than to find out if my baby survived and I did not that is ok, because SAFE BABY! This statement just reeks of ignorance, of someone who is not deep of thought. It might seem cavalier, to be that self sacrificing, but it is just ignorant. There is much more to birth and to one's physical healt!

On to the second item, the idea that continuous monitoring in a hospital will PREVENT a bad outcome! Since when? How many people have been in a hospital, hooked up to a monitor and told that their c/s was emergent, and sat around for hours. Not only that, but others have blogged about this topic, and it's false sense of security. When things go bad, they go bad quick, most of the time there is NO time to prep for surgery, equip the OR, get all staff assembled, and then not to mention incision to extraction time.

Sigh... Just more lies. In the end, I hope this poster, uses her protective cocoon of lies to make herself feel better. But STOP spreading the bullshit to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment