Monday, August 10, 2009

Just about half way...

So I am now 18 weeks, and full of mixed emotions.

The quickening happened (hate that, reminds me of the Highlander movies! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE MCQUEEN!!!!) and that is a good thing. I love those kicks and bounces.

I have also changed shape. I have only gained about a pound and a half, if that, but seems like I have redistributed it all to the front. I swear I must be on some sci fi experiment because some mornings I wake up and go 'holy cow! That bump sure looks massive! No way it is all baby!" so I am left wondering if I have more intestines than normal, or if I just have moved up in size from a compact car spare tire to a bus tire somehow?!?

We are scheduled to go in on Wednesday for the Anatomy scan. Sort of nervous about that. We will find out if it is a turtle or a hamburger (really stoopid way of looking at ultrasound pictures, if it looks like a turtle, boy, a set of hamburger buns, a girl). We have our money on a Big Mac. LOL... DD still waffles and thinks it may be a boy some times, others it is little sister.

But with this appointment I am also supposed to do the early GD screen. I am going to try and put it off since the appointment is at 8:00 am and morning glucose challenge tests are notorious for having high values. Something I would like to avoid. I think I will claim nausia and reschedule for an afternoon!

So I am stressed and trying to process as best as possible.

I have made some contacts for a local DOULA and so far have a coulple I am interested in. They all sound so great! I also tried starting my hypnobabies CD's and so far all they do is make me fall asleep! WRUGH UOOHH. The book states that is ok, because I am still subliminally taking it all in (now that is scary huh, is this me driving it or is it all post hypnotic suggestion?) Guess I don't really care as long as I can get through birth without a 16g needle in my spine!

No comments:

Post a Comment